STRAIGHT Company

Gino's Garden

Forum Home > Marriage & Family > Sticky: Submission

Gino's Garden
Administrator

The Lord calls wives to be submissive to their husbands, as help meets, lovers, etc. Yes, we are going there!!!! First, I would say that the key to a successful marriage and one's ability to be submissive or head is to know what you are marrying, before you say I do. In my counseling I've offered the suggestion of putting that person behind the wheel of a car, sit back, and observe.

Nevertheless, I don't believe submission should be an if/then or either/or situation. Okay, I know what your thinking. He don't __________. Well, there is a difference between he don't and he won't. That is why you've got to be clear before you say I do. He don't may be, he don't know how or he needs your love and support.

Ladies, there is no other, more beautiful thing than to be submissive to your spouse. "Spouse"! To love someone so much that you put them above everyone and everything else, and trust someone so much you place that person in control of your livelihood. It is scary because it is so powerful. Yes, he may fail or not get it exactly right, but give him grace...the grace we all deserve for our imperfections, right?

I know my super, ultra, mega, no-none-sense sisters what your thinking and I was reared to be a dance or get off the floor type of woman too; however, I have learned to take things far less seriously, be far less controlling, and to appreciate the beauty of saying I choose you. And because I choose you...you are getting all of me and I am accepting all of you!

--

In Him,

Gino

January 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Welcome

Thank you for your dedication and support over the years.  --Essej

Conversations with God

• Prayer request

Please Pray,use all your faith and believe GOD will unite me(Phil Chavez) and my soul mate together as soon as it is possible with GOD by any means necessary .Never been on a da...
  • Upcoming Decision

Please offer Prayers 2 the LCCOC, we need yalls help so that we can make the right decision. TK u

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Recent Posts from Mac's Mojo

3763 views - 1 comment
3894 views - 0 comments
4337 views - 1 comment

Recent Posts from Rep'n My Block

• "I worship with the Donkorkrom church of Christ in Ghana."
    Elorm F.
    Ghana, Africa
  • "I look forward to getting to know saints from all over our brotherhood and thank you for having me here."
    J. Bracken
    Philadelphia, PA
  • "I have recently come across Straight Company on Youtube and I cannot get off the page! The song I play over and over is "I like it". I live in Lesotho"
    Gertrude
    South Africa

Straight Company Mobile App (Free)

Want a Straight Company Mobile App? Enter the following address in a mobile device browser: http://m.straightcompany.net  or if you like the classic look click on the link at the very bottom of the mobile webpage.

Share w/Google

Recent Likes on Facebook