STRAIGHT Company

Gino's Garden

Forum Home > Criminal Justice > Sticky: Institutionalize Racism

Gino's Garden
Administrator

I am often infuriated by members of the black community with the "lock'em up, throw away the key mentality"; although, I understand this mentality is borne from ignorance and belief in a system establish to protect and serve all; however, targets the black and minority communities.

So, for those in disbelief this is the construct of institutionalized racism. Laws are legislated based upon outcry from the attentive public (lobbyist, governmental groups) as well as statistical reports (NCR). Policy makers thru data in the reports are aware of the race most prevalent for committing crime. Therefore, make policies that target a particular crime consequently targeting a particular race, i.e. the war on drugs.

Now, if you declare war you have to attack the enemy. Urban policing places law enforcement into the inner cities and areas known to be high drug-crime related areas; subsequently, if you (blacks) are my target (profile) you are the focus of stops, search and seizures, and arrests. Hence, the media becomes involved and perpetuates racial disparity in its reporting and intensifies the outcry, which revolves back to the policy-makers. This is institutionalized racism.

Many will argue "if you can't do the time, don't commit the crime". I will whole-heartedly agree when there is balance in the dichotomy of scales. Historically, whites have been deferred away from the criminal justice system but now presently they are ignored. So, why not just lock 'em up, (and all end with this) because the implications of disenfranchisement and economic costs to the community and families are eggregious and affects all communities....

--

In Him,

Gino

January 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Welcome

Thank you for your dedication and support over the years.  --Essej

Conversations with God

• Prayer request

Please Pray,use all your faith and believe GOD will unite me(Phil Chavez) and my soul mate together as soon as it is possible with GOD by any means necessary .Never been on a da...
  • Upcoming Decision

Please offer Prayers 2 the LCCOC, we need yalls help so that we can make the right decision. TK u

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Recent Posts from Mac's Mojo

3763 views - 1 comment
3894 views - 0 comments
4337 views - 1 comment

Recent Posts from Rep'n My Block

• ""Thankful for You on today! Essej, never in my wildest dreams could I imagine I'd one day have the privilege to call you a friend...But it goes further..You're a mentor, an exam..."
    G. J. Walker
    New York
  • "Luv you guys! Keep up the great work!"
    Chanel G.
    Houston, Texas
  • "I look forward to getting to know saints from all over our brotherhood and thank you for having me here."
    J. Bracken
    Philadelphia, PA

Straight Company Mobile App (Free)

Want a Straight Company Mobile App? Enter the following address in a mobile device browser: http://m.straightcompany.net  or if you like the classic look click on the link at the very bottom of the mobile webpage.

Share w/Google

Recent Likes on Facebook